Haribol, great soul!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Powered by Vanilla

How can a grhasta maintain his family with book distribution?

Practical ways?

Comments

• edited January 6

What better way is there than book distribution?
    The next article gives you practical hints and proven method to do it.

Spiritual strength

You only need to gather some spiritual strength by having a regular program.
    The benefits are not only materially rewarding but spiritually refreshing as well.

Budget sample

Lets first make your monthly budget. Say that you need US$ 750 for your expenses
    You can buy medium and small books (Isopanisad, Perfection of Yoga, Coming Back, Higher Taste, Chant and Be Happy, etc) for approx. $0.50 and sale them for an average of $2 (that means sometimes you get $1 donation, sometimes $3 or more). So to make $750 you need to sale 500 books in a month That is 25 books daily from Monday to Friday.

25 books x $2 = $50 x 20 days = $1000 less $250 BBT price = $750 profit

So, Monday to Friday 25 small books for $2 each and there you are! $750 month

Now on top of that I am using a technique to enhance the profit. When the person definitely do not want the book, but is friendly, I give a sticker and ask for a donation.

You already stop the person, broke the ice and is very easy that they take the sticker. In this way, you can do another $20 profit a day to help pay the BBT cost.
    I am playing here with easy to do figures and goals, but you can increase them as you grow confident.

Remember to keep money always aside specifically to buy the books upfront from the BBT. Avoid at all costs spending that money on anything else.

Mantra lines

We do not need to say half truths or strange lines to distribute. Better to sale the books on its merit and explain (if asked) what the donation is for.

Example

Explain about Science Self Realization that “is a compendium of letters, conferences and articles on very interesting transcendental subjects”.

If asked “what is the donation for?” I say “thank you for asking this question, because is important that you know how your money is being used”. “part of the money is for paying for the book and the rest is for my maintenance, cause is my occupation”. Or something like that…

People appreciates the truth, that keeps your principles intact and you only get strengthen and able to do the service on the long run.

There is no need to be money minded. As long as you keep this directions, you will see how the books go out and the laxmi in, fulfilling material and spiritual needs at the same time. You will be enlightened and joyful and at the same time keep your mind free of anxiety.