Haribol, great soul!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla

Narada Muni Shakti…by Radhapriya Dasi

Tonight while I was out on the street I was meditating on Narada Muni, thinking how he is always in the right place at the right time. I was then thinking how nice of a boon it would be if all sankirtan devotees could have this premonition; to always be in the right place at the right time, have a sort of 6th sense to know where that person is who needs a book. Just think how many books could go out!!!

While thinking this way I got the inclination to hop a bus up a few blocks to 9th street by the art museum. Why? I have not the slightest clue as it was pretty dead there. So I get off talk to one gentlemen for sometime while he waits for his bus about mantra meditation and the like. His bus comes and I’m left on the street, alone. No sooner then he left, an African American gentlemen with glasses, and an “om” symbol on his t-shirt walks around the corner.

I say something like, “Excuse me sir, have you ever heard of Bhagavad-Gita?” You know in the Gita, Krishna says He is the syllable om, so you should check this out.”

He happily accepts the book, and offers me a donation without my asking, and goes about his way into the hellish Austin night life.

Next, a very attractive lady dressed in work out clothes. I stop her and say something about yoga and show her the Gita. I explain about different types of yoga and the like.

She replies, “wow, you mean this whole book is about yoga?” (referring to the Gita)

To which I say yes, and explain a bit more. She declines the Gita, and asks to see the rest of my supply. I relent and she selects, “Bhakti, the art of Eternal love.” as she says, it is small enough that she will actually read it. Upon my asking, she gives a nice donation and quickly goes about her way.

So in about 5 minutes, two books went out on this deserted street corner down town without any endeavor. This made me think that it is indeed possible for each and every one of us to have this sixth sense of being in the right place at the right time with the right words to say to introduce a person to Prabhupada’s books. All it takes is purity and surrender. The more we surrender, the more Krishna will use us as His instrument. After all He wants to see the devotees glorified, but, we have to qualify ourselves by realizing we are worthless instruments, completely incapable and unqualified to do anything on our own. If we think we are great and can distribute many books on our own intelligence or strength, no books will go out. But if we realize where the ability is coming from, and give proper credit to that Source, many books can go out. The less we resist the more Krishna will be able to use us as His “Ambassadors of Good Will” (as Vaisesika Prabhu would say) .

Param Vijayate Sri Krishna Sankirtana!!!!!!